Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Rage

I don't know what it is about traffic here, but I never seem to catch a break. Just as I can never choose a speedy checkout line at the grocery store, I can't seem to get through a day of travel without a ton of traffic.

I try not to blog about work, so I won't go into much detail here. But today, I was full of rage. I was told by someone I'll call "X" that I had to be at a particular location by 3pm. I was running late because of some horrendous traffic near Jr's school... but when I got there, I was so relieved. Unfortunately, X got the location wrong, so I missed the event altogether (with the bonus feature of looking like a total idiot when I was phoned by the person expecting me.) When I called the office, X denied having told me the wrong location... I ended up driving back to the office and it took me twice as long as normal because of more horrendous traffic... there are more details but I'll shut up. Suffice it to say, I was super angry....

...but eventually I just had to let the anger go.

It's funny how anger can consume me sometimes. I have a pretty short temper, not something I'm terribly proud of. I'm working on it. Patience, self-control - the hardest fruit of the spirit to grow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmm... perhaps you need to start recording your conversations with X, so if X makes a mistake again, at least you'd have proof.

(does X know about your blog?)