Sunday, December 31, 2006

Remember

I had a fabulous post written but then I somehow deleted it and couldn't get it back. Sigh!!

I wanted to show you all some of my memories of 2006, as outlined in pictures.... I'll just start again, I suppose. But it won't be as cool :(

1. January allowed us to welcome our newest cell group member, Kiyah, who was at this time one week old:


2. In April, I celebrated another burfday... my... 19th ;)



3. Also in April, two of our cell groupies got baptized:



4. In May, I spent a week in Campbell River, where it is incredibly beautiful:



5. In July, we had to say goodbye to PJ - we miss all of you muchly:



6. In August, we went to San Fran for a week to celebrate the Yam's wedding and to enjoy time with the "family":





7. Over Labour Day weekend, we renewed our tradition of camping annually:



8. In September, I got to wear (uncomfy) legal robes for the first time:



9. In October we went to Mexico for another wedding and some touristy stuff:




2006 also came with much news and exciting stuff - friends getting engaged, friends learning of new babies on the way, friends moving away from home (boo!), you know, I'm hitting that age group where all of this stuff starts to happen.

2006 also brought challenges and difficult times. Recognizing that life is not always sugar and candy and fairytales, let me share these lyrics with you from a song by Kim Hill

Holy, You are still holy,
Even when the darkness surrounds my life
Sovereign, You are still sovereign
Even when confusion has blinded my eyes
Lord I don't deserve Your kind affection
When my unbelief has kept me from Your touch
I want my life to be a pure reflection of Your love

CHORUS:
And so I come into Your chambers
And I dance at Your feet Lord
You are my saviour, and I'm at Your mercy
All that has been in my life up to now
It belongs to You
You are still holy

Holy, You are still holy
Even though I don't understand Your ways
Sovereign You will be sovereign
Even when my circumstances don't change
Lord I don't deserve Your tender patience
When my unbelief has kept me from Your truth
I want my life to be a sweet devotion to You

May 2007 be a year where we learn to make our lives a sweet devotion to our Father.

1 comment:

vespertine said...

we missed you and raf much tonight...it's a lovely recap of the year; thanks for your friendship in this past year and for the years to come!
love,
e