Sunday, January 21, 2007

So much to do, so little time

First off, I wanted to announce that we won our trial (which ended in December - we had to wait a month for the verdict - not too long...) and if you want the nitty-gritty details you'll just have to ask me. It was a thrilling victory, in my opinion. Thrilling! It made those long days at the office almost seem worth it!

Anyway. We're off to Chile in less than a week. Crazy. Lots to do in preparation.

We managed to clean the house today. Pretty amazing how a house can turn into one giant mess when there are only two of us living there. Well to be fair, it wasn't really THAT messy - but we just had a bunch of untidy areas that finally got tidied up. Neat freak I am not, but I am at least aware of the need for cleanliness. (Isn't it next to godliness!?) I try not to be a pack rat, although the hubs is a bit of one sometimes. It can be hard to throw things out though.... I still remember when my brother used to collect Saturday morning comics and he REFUSED to throw the piles of old comics out even though he never really read them. Heh. I still haven't really decided what to do with my wedding dress. I considered turning it into pillows or something, but there's really not much use for white throw pillows with our black leather couches. I don't have dreams of saving the dress for my future daughter or anything, but at the same time it's hard to think of giving it away.

Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the trial.
God bless your trip to Chile.
Sell the wedding dress on Ebay.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the victory!

I say you should buy a low-cost mannequin and mount the wedding dress on permanent display. Maybe get a male one to wear a tux beside it.