Monday, January 08, 2007

Mondays are the pits

Seriously, who likes Mondays? They never turn out as well as say, a Friday. I think I'm still in holiday mode so I'm not used to waking up early on a Monday morning. It isn't fun for someone who isn't a morning person. Morning people are far too chipper.

January is shaping up to be a busy month. It's Dine Out Vancouver time again and the hubs and I are going to at least two restaurants this year. So far on the list are Aqua Riva and The Cannery. We also have a reservation booked for Chambar, which the sister-in-law tells me was awesome last year - but I'm not sure if we're going to keep it or not. On top of that, we are also preparing to leave for Chile on the 27th. I can't believe it's coming so soon. Christmas Shoeboxes, I hope you're ready to be distributed!

In my next post, I'll share about the Canucks game that my godsister and I went to the other day. It was fabulous, and not only because we won..... but also because we got to meet a real celebrity (to us, at least) and only looked slightly foolish in doing so. Okay, we probably looked a bit more than slightly foolish, but we soothe our egos by looking at the picture.... which I have yet to upload. I promise to do it soon.

Life certainly moves quickly when you aren't paying attention. Why just the other day I discovered that apparently I look pregnant! Sadly (not really sadly at all), it isn't true - I'm just pudgy. But having it pointed out to me? CERTAINLY WAS GOOD FOR MY SELF-ESTEEM. I know I shouldn't take it personally, and that people who assume you're pregnant when you're just carrying a little extra weight should be embarrassed, but honestly, you can't help but take it a little personally. My co-workers all assured me, upon hearing this story, that I don't look at all pregnant. But then, one of them really is pregnant, almost full-term, so maybe they were just comparing me to her.

Anyway. Just a minor issue, not really worth complaining about, right!


No comments: