Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Surely you didn't mean to be so rude.

I said to the general community on a certain message board about married life that I wouldn't have gotten married if I weren't financially stable or if I were still a student - that this just wouldn't be my choice. Somehow, some girl took this to mean that I think all financially unstable or student married folk are idiots and that my opinion of them is terribly low. She then took what was probably hours to write me a grammatically poor response, including the statement, "SWEETIE ... your comments were REDICULOUSLY JUDGEMENTAL ... you should apologize and owe up to what you've said."

I have several problems with this:

1) Um, huh?? I was talking about myself! Me! Her knickers are all in a knot because of something I said about MYSELF!

2) If you're going to insult me, at least use a spell checker.

3) Don't call me SWEETIE, you dumbass.

4) How exactly does one "owe" up to something?

5) NOBODY LIKES MILHOUSE!

I know that last point is unrelated, but I still like saying it.

In other news, tonight I hope to enjoy a delicious bowl of ramen with some good friends. Yummm... soupy noodles always make me feel better.

I'm playing catchup at work right now, but here's the best news of the day - I finally am not facing the wall! My desk got turned around after the office was painted, and now people can actually sit across from me and not feel like they're in the middle of the room. Unfortunately, my office is now yellow. The paint colour has some fancy name, but let's face it, it's still yellow. Oh well.

No comments: