Thursday, April 20, 2006

Meat Lovers


I took this picture while we were in Florida, at one of the 8 million Wal-Marts in Orlando. Actually this was a special Wal-Mart - it's SUPER WAL-MART! Open 24 hours, probably bigger than two Costco's put together, yes that's right, it's the place you can buy everything.

Including this fascinating meat product, called a Tur-Duc-Hen. My brother once told me about this rather bizarre food where one stuffs a chicken into a duck, and then stuffs the duck into a turkey, and then cooks the whole thing. I thought he was crazy until I saw this. To be fair, this product isn't actually an entire chicken-inside-a-duck-inside-a-turkey.... it's actually just a turkey breast stuffed with other meats.

I just find it so awesome that people come up with these ideas, and better still, that these ideas come to fruition and are sold at Wal-Mart. I actually kind of hate Wal-Mart, but that's another story, I guess.

2 comments:

vespertine said...

i have even heard of people actually making their own tur-duc-ken...deboning and everything! it's crazy...
how about mushrooms stuffed in peppers stuffed in a potato? same?
haha=)

by the way...i like "bless the broken road"=)but i'll actually talk to you about it rather than leaving you a lame message.
e

The Cho's said...

okay so it's not quite kiyah but her mom.

think of all the possiblities? you could have your entire meal rolled all into one? pasta stuffed bread rolls, bbq-chicken corn with a cheese smokie, it's just crazy talk now!!

don't chinese people stuff food in "joongs"?