Friday, January 04, 2008

2007 Meme

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?

I took a flight from the International terminal for the first time ever. It's much nicer than the domestic side.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I had to review my January 2007 blogs to see what I had said, and apparently I had resolved to save all of my loonies and toonies. I can't say I saved ALL of my loonies and toonies, but we do have a substantial collection going. Maybe I'll make it back to Disney World after all.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Quite a few friends and one cousin. I haven't even met my cousin's new baby!


4. Did anyone close to you die?

Um... well... the hubby's family dog died and it was so, so sad :(

5. What countries did you visit?

Chile, Mexico, and the US of A.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?

I don't think I lacked anything in 2007! But if I could choose to have something, it would be a TRIP TO DISNEY WORLD.

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Ummm.... I'm going to go with "none"...

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

WINNING. Ask me more later.

9. What was your biggest failure?

I don't really fail at things. :D Just kidding. I certainly wasn't as good a housekeeper as I wanted to be, so maybe that counts.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

I did lose my voice recently...

11. What was the best thing you bought?

I would say my computer, although I did not actually receive it in 2007.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

This is a weird question.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

I wasn't depressed, but I was definitely appalled back in December...

14. Where did most of your money go?

Well, we did buy a new car this year, so that is sucking up some cash. But luckily it's a hybrid! Otherwise ... well... we got a Wii and I got a new computer too!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

I am never *that* excited. But I was pretty thrilled to get the new car!

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?

I don't really have a 2007 song, but I really like this song I hear all the time - it's called East to West by Casting Crowns. Here's the chorus:

Jesus, can You show me just how far the East is from the West?
Cause I can't bear to see the man I've been
Come rising up in me again
In the arms of Your mercy I find rest
Cause You know just how far the East is from the West
From one scarred hand to the other


17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? happier, I would say, because life just keeps getting more joyful! b) thinner or fatter? Possibly the same, or a little fatter. Dang it. c) richer or poorer? richer - but not by much.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

I am not really one for regrets. I wish I had kept in better contact with out-of-town friends though.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Played a few less video games! My poor eyes :)

20. How did you spend Christmas?

Slept in ... and then had dinner at my mom's house with the in-laws. It was nice.

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?

I did not fall OUT of love, does that count?

22. What was your favorite TV program?

I would have to say 24, although Heroes was a close second.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

Contrary to what you might believe, I don't really hate people. I just harbour extreme dislike sometimes!

24. What was the best book you read?

The best book... hmm... well, the last Harry Potter book came out and it was pretty darn fantastic. Other than that, I don't really remember the books I read this year. Perhaps they were just not that good!

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Really, I hardly ever listen to music, I don't have many CD's and I just listen in my car. But maybe the greatest discoveries were Paul Brandt and Aaron Lines - after meeting them in Chile, we started to listen to their music and they are both awesome. Country music!!

26. What did you want and get?

I wanted a new computer, I got a new computer. I wanted a Wii, I got a Wii (after an overnight campout at Zellers! What was I thinking!) I wanted black flats, I bought black flats (3 pairs! Overkill maybe.)

27. What did you want and not get?

I cannot even think of what I wanted and didn't get... maybe I have low expectations. Or else a lot of stuff. Oh! I know - I wanted a clean house! And I did not get one! Haha!

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

I can't even remember the last time we went to a theatre to watch a movie... so let's see, DVD-wise, I think my favourite film was Jesus Camp. I just found it so incredibly fascinating, like a train wreck, couldn't turn my eyes away. Very eye-opening.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

Embarrassingly, I couldn't actually remember without looking back at my blog. But anyway! We went to a playoff game the night before my birthday and seven periods later, the Canucks won and it was my birthday :) We didn't get to the Keg for my post-game, birthday dinner since it was past 1 AM and whaddaya know, the Keg isn't open that late. Oh well.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

I really don't know how to answer this... I can't say that I lacked anything.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?

Cheap = good.

But I'm trying to change that to Work appropriate = good.

32. What kept you sane?

My job ... sort of.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

I do not fancy celebrities.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

Difficult question. I'll have to think about this.

35. Who did you miss?

My brother who moved to the States!

36. Who was the best new person you met?

I can't think of this right now but I could tell you stories about the worst person I met...

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.

More of a continual lesson - I have learned that when I put God first, he and I seem to walk closer, and God's provisions for me seem so much richer.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

His grace still amazes me.


No comments: