Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Goodbye, Costa Rica... Hello ....


CHILE, SOUTH AMERICA! Yes ... a new destination has just been announced for our January missions trip and we are off to the long and skinny country of Chile. I'm super excited and have no idea where in Chile we'll be going, but it doesn't really matter. It's just exciting.

In other news, this is my fourth day back at work since the vacation, and it hasn't been a great week here at the office. Bad things happen in groups, that's for sure. I am looking forward to the weekend.... sort of ... to update, I have to go to Victoria this weekend (so I'll miss fellowship and church again!) for a conference. I already blogged about this conference, and I've decided to suck it up and attend the dinner. It still nags at me that my hard earned money is being spent on a meal. Well, I'll post an update after the dinner.

By the way, Mexico was fun, but very tiring. I learned, once again, that travelling with other people who are not as cool as your husband is extremely difficult. I also learned that I have a very short temper. Just kidding - I knew that long ago! The weather there was hot and dry, and the best part about the wedding was the 12 player mariachi band. Fantabulous. The worst part was realizing that someone we had met might possibly be, well, let's go with a "bad person". Anyway, congrats to the newlyweds, who are right now enjoying a sunny week in the Mayan Riviera.

Let's see... what else is new... I recently made some small (on sale!) purchases from a seller on Etsy.com and I'm quite happy. It's a cool site where people sell handmade stuff, crafts, jewelry, etc. I always think it's nicer to pay the artist than to pay some large corporation for stuff that has been made in a foreign country and then marked up to ridiculous levels. I suppose there's something to be said about the (corporation?) of Etsy.com itself profiting from the crafty endeavours of others, but I'll choose to be wilfully ignorant of the facts for the moment and just say, funky handmade pendant for only a few dollars? Sign me up.

No comments: