Thursday, July 06, 2006

One year and counting

It's a few days past our first anniversary now. Thanks to everyone who remembered - you guys are so sweet! We had a great weekend, very relaxing. Unfortunately, I had some delightful work to do in the form of an Assessment. (assignments = worth no marks; assessments = worth a pass/fail mark) Ugh. Oh well, we still had a good time. We bought a crepe maker and enjoyed some delicious banana/chocolate-filled crepes with ice cream (for breakfast! ridiculous.)

Hard to believe it's already been a year, maybe because we dated for a long time. Lots of people say the first year is the hardest, particularly when you're adjusting to living together for the first time. I have to say, however, that if this is the hardest year, life is gonna be incredibly easy for the rest of the years. Hubby and I get along pretty well (despite my bad temper and his slightly worse temper) and we seem to have a good balance of "us time" and "not us time". (The words - they are falling out of my head right now.) If there's one area to improve on, it's that we sometimes fail to put God first.

Here's one of our wedding pics. I really like this one (kinda blurry on the computer, we had film and not digital pics) - it's like we're walking toward our future, but with a glance back at our past.


Ahh, memories. Well, at least my voice is around this year.

Okay, onto other news.

I'm watching Bob Blumer right now. He's one of my favourite chefs on the Food Network. I'm not a huge Anthony Bourdain fan (sorry Char) or Jamie Oliver fan and I definitely could do without Bobblehead. But how cool is Bob Blumer - he cooks in a trailer shaped like a toaster! Fantastic! He just made pear wontons. I also like Michael Smith (the huge guy) - except that sometimes his staring is a smidge creepy.

Class is so dull right now that I've made it my goal to complete one crossword puzzle a day. Not as easy as it sounds, since I insist on completing the NY Times crossword. I got a lot of help today from classmates, so we finished all but three words (which were all names of people we don't know.) I used to do crosswords in law school too. I have a super short attention span, it's kind of unfortunate.

Hmm - Bob's making walnut gorgonzola bites with honey which he says are delish. Ummm.... I'll take your word for it, Bob.

No comments: