Thursday, April 17, 2008

Aging gracefully

Five days ago, it was my birthday. We didn't do anything terribly special for my birthday, but I did get a dozen roses from the dog. I guess she didn't read my previous posts. Oh well! Pretty clever of her to order me flowers - I didn't even know she had a credit card.

Actually, the dog is having her spay operation today, poor thing. I suppose we are all aging in our own ways. Pray for her speedy recovery!

I have mixed feelings about getting older. On one hand, I am glad to be where I am right now. I like my job, I have a good relationship with my mom and with my in-laws, we're moving, and I have the best dog in the world (even though she's still a bit of a crazy puppy.) On the other hand, I don't really like to think about getting older. I can't really imagine myself as a real grownup, having responsibility for kids, having to do parent-type things, gearing up my career, oh my. [Note: not pregnant! Don't get any funny ideas.]

Well. I can't change the fact that I'm getting older. To compensate, I shall begin acting like a 5 year old. Just kidding about "begin". :)

No comments: