Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Doggy Daycare

Sometimes I think my dog needs a more adventurous day. Should her day really be made up mostly of sleeping? I mean, she is a puppy, so she needs sleep but wow! she's always yawning! Except while eating or thinking of food :)

I was thinking of signing her up for a doggy daycare near my work on a once-per-week basis. That way she would have at least one day where she'd get to interact with other dogs, go on runs through the mountains, etc. Seems like a neat idea, right? Unfortunately, it's pretty expensive to have a dog in daycare. It isn't a lot cheaper than human daycare! So I think it'll have to wait for now. Too bad - she would enjoy running off-leash, I'm sure. I might actually put her in daycare for next month when I'm in trial. Ugh. I'm exhausted even thinking about it.

On to other things. I'm happy to report that even though I am a bit of a stickler for things at work, I do not suffer from the "kitchen OCD" that some of my friends have. My mom is definitely one of these, she can't sit down to eat until the entire kitchen is clean. I'm not a complete slob, but I do think dishes can wait until after dinner. Of course, I also don't cook, so who am I to say anything! I will say that since the dog's arrival, we have learned to keep the floors clean, since she chews everything. I think that's a step in the right direction. Housework just feels SO low priority to me :) But don't worry! I always get it clean - it just takes a while to motivate myself.

I need SUNSHINE. now!!

No comments: