Wednesday, September 06, 2006

More Reading


My previous post inspired me to think a little more about books that I loved and books that I hated...

Here's a couple of books about animals that I thought were fantastic as a kid (okay - maybe there weren't necessarily ABOUT animals, but they definitely involved animals!):

On the other hand, here is the worst book I ever had the misfortune of reading:

Ugh, what a snoozer! Sorry, Richard Adams, but a book about travelling bunnies? Hmph. Check out a sentence I found in a book summary: "The little band takes off across the countryside. Along the way they encounter many obstacles such as a stream, a bean field, and a road. " You're kidding me, right? I'm sure the bean field posed a terrific opponent to a pack of rabbits.

It doesn't help that I was forced to read this book by the worst English teacher in the history of English teachers. I can only hope that she has entered retirement by now, never to wreak her obsession with hearts, stinky perfume, and lopsided hair buns on the current generation of kids.

Here are some of my all time faves:

That's all for now, folks! Feel free to leave comments about books I should read.

PS: Captain Underpants - what a great way to encourage toilet humour!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i won't tell you what you "should" read, but there are books i really like.. and sometimes read over & over again, such as Mitch Albom's "Tuesdays with Morrie," Paulo Coelho's "The Alchemist," Ruth Ozeki's "My Year of Meats" & "All Over Creation", and basically anything by Anthony Bourdain & Haruki Murakami.
like PM Chau said, you'll probably like "The Orange Girl" if not, you can consider "Judy Moody" by Megan McDonald. Judy makes me laugh all the time =)