Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Surreal life

This week, I used up approximately 1 minute and 45 seconds of my allotted 15 minutes of fame, and since I previously appeared in a 3 minute (?) video broadcast to whoever wanted to see it, I am concerned about the other 10 minutes and 15 seconds and what will transpire to use up more of the time. Hopefully nothing that involves any blood or gore, I am squeamish by nature. Perhaps I shall pen a movie script or play ... doubtful though, since I've never really been a writer. Speaking of plays, apparently this year's Bard on the Beach includes Taming of the Shrew and Romeo and Juliet. I could be convinced to go to the first one, but not to the second... I've always liked Shakespearian comedies better anyway.

My brother is moving to California soon. Sigh.

It snowed on my way to work today. I KNOW! Ridiculous! It is almost March, after all, which means it's almost April, and I'm almost another year older. Recently we celebrated the birthdays of some friends who were born a few months before me, and us high school buds reflected on some good times together.... until we realized that those good times were had more than 10 years ago. There's nothing like facing your age to bring you back to reality. I know I'm not "old" per se but there aren't many years left for me to say I'm in my twenties. By the by, does it bug anyone else when people use "per say" as the phrase? No? Just me, then.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"per say" drives me crazy too.

Anonymous said...

"per say" drives me crazy too.
By ArC, at 4:10 PM

Of course it does, you guys are siblings! Don't know if it is 'proper' to ask here but A, what is the news, why Cali?

Y, so far, you've used your 4.5 minute well, if you could use the other 10.5 min in similar pursuits like Samaritan Purse or helping out folks, you shall receive the 'hoped-for' words of welcome, "Well done my good and faithful servant"

Anonymous said...

Hi PJ.

"Of course it does, you guys are siblings!"

Sure, but we're not all /that/ similar as siblings go.

Anyways, I've got a new job in the Bay Area, and that means I have to appear in person at the office frequently enough (five days a week) to justify moving there. I will update my blog with a few details, but email me for more.