Friday, February 09, 2007

Heard by the world

The other day, we were watching the Sportsnet broadcast and I believe it was the 1st intermission or somewhere around that time ... the screen went black, the broadcasters' voices seemed to disappear, and instead, the viewers were treated to a conversation of which all I can remember is...

- "Oh really?"
- "This f--ing thing won't work"
- (silence)

and I gasped at the profanity! And then I laughed.

Then yesterday, I was listening to Praise on my way home and it was the Martha Hadley show. She often starts taking a call by saying "Hi there, I'm Martha Hadley" ... but I guess the show cut off weirdly because what happened was...

- "Thanks for listening... Hi there, I'm Martha Hadley"
- "Wanna know a way to get rid of your acne? Well, I'm here to tell you about a new product..."

Obviously just the untimely insertion of an ad, but my gosh did I laugh. I even tried to phone the hubs to tell him this amusing story but he was already on the phone. Something more important than getting rid of a radio broadcaster's zits, I guess.

Note: I don't actually think she has zits. I'm just kidding. Don't sue me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought you were going to tell us that Martha Hadley swore when she thought the mic was off ... hahaha. Can we get back to the heart warming stories from Chile ... pleeze?